Rugged destination. Backpacking paradise. That is Caramoan Island in Camarines Sur. According to Wikipedia, the island is located at the tip of the Caramoan Peninsula, a land extending into the waters of the Maqueda Channel on the north and east and Lagonoy Gulf on the south. And if you are going Caramoan Island, you don’t only visit the Kota beach, but you stay in this best-kept tropical treasure resort called Tugawe Cove Resort.
The resort has 23 private rooms which they call Cabanas categorized into Deluxe Twin, Deluxe Double, and Deluxe King. All rooms has individual 32-inch LED TV with cable satellite programming, all rooms are air conditioned, with free coffee and bottled water, hot and cold shower, wide veranda, and the most premium service is, they have butler. Awesome!
Before we go any further, let us show you first how to get there.
1. The classic route, via Naga City.
– from Manila, you can either fly via PAL Express, or Cebu Pacific that will take you in Pili Airport within 45 minutes. Or take the 8 to 10 hour bus ride from Cubao, or Pasay bus terminal. The best time to take the bus is in the evening. Read our article about going back to Bicol by bus here.
– upon arrival in Naga City or in Pili Airport, get ready for another hour of bus ride to Sabang port,
– in Sabang Port, board a public boat going to Guijalo port, that’s two hours (if permitted) of ocean ride – From Guiajo port, Tugawe has a boat to take you to the resort.
2. The shorter and easy route, via Virac, Catanduanes
– from Manila, board a plane to Virac, Catanduanes. (SkyJet goes there, read our story in this post) – for DIY travellers, you can rent a tricycle from Virac to take you to Codon port, its a 45-minute ride. Or you can pre-arrange this with Tugawe, they will take care of this.
– from Codon port, prepare for another 45 minutes to an hour boat ride and then you reach Tugawe Cove Resort. Now, just to tease you of what you will see if you go and stay in Tugawe Cove Resort, here are photos we took when we visited the resort.
Rates. Rates. Tugawe Cove Resort Rates.
After seeing beautiful pictures of the resort, its Cabanas and the relaxing views, including the “how you get there” trick, you will ask for the rates of course. The best way to go there is in group. Unless you are newly wed, and you want to spend your honeymoon here which is also a perfect place to spend to, by the way. Group vacation will avail you cheaper rates. Their quad sharing for 3 days and 2 nights of stay is as low as P7,000.00/person. Or better yet, goto their Facebook page where they publish and update their regular rates – Tugawe Facebook Page.
You can see the whole set of photos in our Flickr account in this link.
The resort is open whole year round, off peak season is the rainy season. But you can still enjoy the island even on rainy days, but it will only be rough during the ocean ride to the island.
Tugawe Cove Resort contact details
Mobile – +639189657885 / +639175016711
Email – [email protected]
Website – http://www.tugawecoveresort.com
Call them now, I assure you that they are very accommodating and very kind. If you are lucky, Ms. Cecilia Maggay Magtuto will be the person on the other end of the line. She is the big boss there.
This post has been viewed 93980 times by 14389 visitors.